There are lot of resources to get you wider perspective on how to maximize the use of Remedyforce. In communities, our technical team keeps publishing a lot of feature previews and webinars from time to time.
You can begin from here:
We could have a call to discuss what kind of items our customers run into, how we solved them etc. Be aware, that No is a valid answer to the business as well.
Two main questions; are you reporting on it and what kind of money will it save (often the modification costs money as for one team it might help while frustrates an other)
Yes some of our challenges are tracking time spent on issues obviously with the goal of being able to report on this information. We are also trying to focus on clean data and making sure tickets aren't being closed without certain details being included.
There are lot of options. We do lot of optimizations
- You can enable staff to add notes
- Have flexible option on forms
- Think before you customize - do you really need it
- Can you do this using the configuration
- Make fields required on the form instead of using validation rules
- Review all customization to validate if you really need it
- Do you need all workflows
- What does business need?
- Know whats new in patch
- Talk to your success manager before you take customization decisions
- Gauge over all impact
- Promote though change control
If you need assessment and improvements we also do that Remedyforce Consulting, Salesforce Consulting, Force.com Development
Feel free to drop us email.