thanks for ur advice,
I have questions :
1. How to check whether my db is deadlock on MS SQL Server management studio 2008 r2 ?
2. How to restart my ARSystem DB ?
3. What is the recommended database setting when install the ITSM ?
thanks any help would be very much appreciated,
I run SQL Server Management Studio on my machine and connect to my SQL Server database. If you right click on the database in the left tree view you have an option for "Activity Monitor" in the context menu. Run that and you should see a list of the queries running and whether they are waiting for other queries or not.
To restart the SQL server DB there are a few different ways. I just restart the MSSQL service from Services. This is not something you would do if you share a DB with other applications and without authorization. Assuming you are doing a new install I'm guessing you should be able to restart the DB.
See the thread I posted for information on the DB settings. You can apply them via SQL Server Management Studio.
Yes, I've seen deadlock issues with new installs of Remedy 9.1 and have followed a similar process to the above to get rid of them and since that time they no longer occur.
Current result :
1. I have tried to "kill the process" to examine the deadlock and yes its now suceed via "activity monitor"
2. i restart the DB and yes its working
3. Via the this link Re: BMC Certified recommendations for customers adopting 9.x i have changed the next id block size id to 400 and saved it
current problem :
1. but when i restart the DB and then the ar system stop when i tried to started the ar system again, it can't started
please help , the problem is currently out of the context now
That error can usually be ignored. Windows gives the process a certain amount of time to start before showing that message. It usually will continue to start up and if you check a bit later you should hopefully see the process has started.
The correct place to see what's happening on startup is arerror.log and/or armonitor.log
Rather than block size the settings I was really referring to are the DB related ones, particularly any setting that may reduce the likelihood of deadlocked queries.
The issue has been solved now although doesn't make sense at all,
Here is the conclusion that i make :
problems : DB deadlock so it can't install ITSM
step to solve :
1. first i open the ms sql server studio 2008 r2 >> activity monitor >> kill process in tab process that has something "blocked by" but the one that i kill is the one who make its blocked.
2. and then i restart the DB (from services or inside the ms sql server studio)
3. the ar system will need time from "starting" to "started" so just wait
4. then i uninstall the ITSM suite
5. but when i open the browser something irrational happened (after removing the ITSM) , I saw there is ITSM modul(incident,problem,etc) in mid tier browser , i just don't get it why.
6. and then i continue to install the SLM and SRM , its working after all
Hope this information can be used by someone else.
I guess you are still seeing ITSM after you have uninstalled it because it remains in your mid-tier's cache. That's perfectly normal and will stay there until the cache is refreshed. You may also have a local browser cache too.
Glad you got the install worries sorted and hopefully your experiences can help others.