v1.8.3 031208 Tom/Corrected agent config cleanup apon instance deletion
v1.8.2 031111 Corrected cluster logic when using filesystem flag. Corrected config file flag logic
when file does not exist
v1.8.1 030929 Correct poll delay/timeouts function
v1.8.0 030916 Added poll delay/timeouts function
v1.7.3 030807 Corrected ExtraFilesList parameter
v1.7.2 030715 Added ExtraFilesList parameter containing GRA_PROCESS_MONITOR.kml
v1.7.1 030518 Rewrote min/max threshold code
v1.6.0 030428 Added functionality to set min and max thresholds to 0 so that an alarm will be raised when
a process exists
v1.5.0 030403 Added 'Exclude Child' functionality
v1.4.3 030126 Minor changes to GUI
v1.4.2 030126 Corrected a problem with downtimes
v1.4.0 021118 Renamed PROCESS_MONITOR to GRA_PROCESS_MONITOR
v1.3.8 020829 Corrected a bug with child process monitoring and added CPUCpuUtil (%) parameter to
v1.3.6 020807 Corrected a bug with downtimes
v1.3.5 020625 Corrected some bugs, including a problem with PROCESS_MONITOR_SPY on Solaris.
v1.3.0 020613 Improved GUI and add config file/filter functionality
v1.2.7 020305 Minor improvements
v1.2.0 010920 Added the PROCESS_MONITOR_SPY class for monitoring cpu and memory statiscs of all
processes according to a filter (include/exclude username/wildcard)
v1.1.8 010917 Fixed some minor errors. Added support for automatically monitoring child processes
v1.1.7 010814 First version released to DEVCON
This KM has been tested on the following
1) Compaq Tru64 v4 and v5
4) Windows (NT & 2000)
This KM can monitor processes.
Here is a description of the menu commands for the PROCESS_MONITOR application class
1) KM Admin->Group->Add : Adds a process group. Used for group processes which belong to the same application
2) KM Admin->Group->Remove : Removes a process group
3) KM Admin->Add : Adds a process to a process group.
4) Set Cluster : If this set to a service or filesystem name then the monitoring will only be active if these are present on the local machine
5) Set Downtime : If a process group has regular scheduled downtime then this can be set so that no false alarm is raised.
Here is a description of the menu commands for the PROCESS_MONITOR_PROC application class
1) Set Threshold : Used for setting the minimum and maximum number of processes allowed before an alarm is raised
2) Set Alarm Time Delay : It is possible to set a delay so that if the process is down for less than this time than no alarm will be raised
3) Stop Monitoring
4) Set Recovery Script : Used to set a list of commands to be executed when a process alarms. For example for sending email or running restart scripts.
5) Set Config File : A file and a wildcard can be specified. If this is done then the monitoring will only be activated if the specified file contains the wildcard. This can be used for checking a certain line in a system config file.
If there are any questions/problems please email me on email@example.com
gra_process_monitor.zip 158.7 K