Is the location information that you are sending in XML present in ITSM. Seems like the combination you are sending does not present in ITSM.
I recommend you reach out to your Remedy Admin; he/she should be able to tell you what fields you are missing in your request.
Thanks for your answers, I have checked and the location information through XML is present in the ITSM (in fact I am copying & pasting it directly from the GUI to make sure I am not missing anything).
Today I have a meeting with the remedy admin to take a look, I'll reply here how things went or if the error is resolved.
When one uses the GUI, may be some fields are populated by default but the same does not happen while trying to create a change the API. As Richard said, your Remedy admin should help here. The message is clear from Remedy that you are missing some data or providing incorrect data.
Great. I wasn't trying to be short in my answer by the way, but the reason I told you to check with your remedy admin is because when I did this, I had a similar problem and our Remedy Admin told me to set an additional field - I believe it was called "Assignee Groups" - to a specific value, which resolved my issue.
No problem at all Richard, I also think that's the right route for now.
Thanks again, I'll let you guys know how things went I bet I am missing a field as you guys suggest.
Well today I had a meeting with one of the Remedy Admins and it seems the root cause of the problem is that I am not able to create a new change (using the CHG:ChangeInterface_Create schema) is because I am not defining an Impacted Area on the XML request.
However, by checking the CHG:ChangeInterface_Create schema, we could not find any field to specify the Impacted Area ID or Impacted Area name to make it happen. I was expecting to see a field like "Impacted Area CHG ID" on the CHG:ChangeInterface_Create schema but it is not there.
Do you guys know how can I relate an Impacted Area ID on the CHG:ChangeInterface_Create schema?
Hmmm. I create CRs - standalone and from template - in AO all the time and don't recall ever needing to set that. I'll have to look at some of our requests.
I think the error is with site but which user's site are you passing in ao?
There can be two users
Requested for (customer)and requester.
So it should match with site in people form.
We have figured out the issue.
The issue was with change template used in the script.
The company used in the template is different than the user's company.
Also the parameter in the change template are matching with site, product tier, coordinator company, etc.
Corrected the template values with user's people record (Company, site, site group, etc) and it created the change request.
Awesome. Thanks for reporting back. I will mark this question as answered.
I see that your question about creating a change request using AO has been answered. Can you now share your XML that you're using to create these requests?
My apologies, I haven't seen this question, basically you need to pass a request similar to this:
<field name="First Name"><![CDATA[JOHN]]></field>
<field name="Last Name"><![CDATA[DOE]]></field>
<field name="Scheduled Start Date"><![CDATA]></field>
<field name="Scheduled End Date"><![CDATA]></field>
<field name="Requestor ID"><![CDATA[JOHN_DOE@COMPANY.COM]]></field>
<field name="Change Timing"><![CDATA]></field>
Adapter should respond you something like:
In case you do something like this, and remedy throws an error or something, check with your Remedy Admin to see if the account you are using has enough privileges to create changes, I remember been doing the right thing but didnt work until one Remedy Admin figured out I had some privileges missing and fixed.
Hope it helps,