A BlPackage is a BladeLogic Specific Package of any File, Installable binary which is added directly to BBSA (depot) or copied from one of the managed servers location.
The advantages of creating a BlPackage are below:
1) Version / State of the File, Installable is copied in Depot location of BBSA to distribute (deploy) on other servers.
2) BlPackage can be deployed with actions like "ADD" , "MODIFY", "REMOVE" along with custom commands. Meaning, content of BlPackage can be added on a server or removed from a server or even modified when deploy job is executed. One of the the actions needs to be specified in BlPackage.
3) A BlPackage also support "CUSTOM ACTIONS" like you can deploy the content and then run an action (command) on it. example: Create a BlPackage of "setup.exe" and deploy it with custom command to execute "setup.exe" with silent install options on command line using deploy job.
4) A BlPackage can be exported from one BBSA to another BBSA along with its contents.
Hey Isaac thanks for your quick response.
Can you let me know steps to deploy Custom Application Package with help of BLPackage?
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Steps to deploy Custom Application Package with help of BLPackage?
1) Add your custom application to Depot as Custom Software (please select appropriate option) and create a BlPackage of added custom application package from depot.
2) Edit the BlPackage created and modify the "install command" - by default BBSA displays default install command, if needed modify the install command.
3) Add additional "custom command" and select appropriate action for "OnFailure" (ignore, continue or abort).
4) Right click on the BlPackage and select "Deploy" and continue with Deploy Job creation and execution...
If required more assistance, please open a issue with us or provide your custom application package information here in this thread please.
jack - you seem to be asking a lot of foundational questions about BSA - are you able to take any bladelogic training ?
Bill is right.
Please go through below document which will clear the idea about how BLPackages are beneficial to use.