1 of 1 people found this helpful
That is a loaded question .. but here are some bullet points and a high-level diagram that might help:
- Self learn & baseline performance
- Captures all abnormal behaviors of business service into one event
- Enables IT to become proactive, reduces event volume and reduces costs of managing static thresholds.
- Identify most likely root cause (HW, APP and Code) and incorporate into event to reduce MTTR
- Prioritize events based on business impact
- Manage customer impacting events to meet SLA’
- Proactive Operations Management Console
- Unified platform with BMC Atrium CMDB, BMC Atrium Orchestrator, BMC BladeLogic Automation Suite, BMC Remedy
Our solution can be divided into 4 parts:
- The first part is the data collection layer. This layer collects data through BMC and other vendors technology, no rip and replace. It collects data in physical, virtual and cloud environments, and also collects KPIs from the business to get the broadest, deepest and widest information possible
- All of this data is used in the 2nd part, the real-time predictive analytics engine, which consists of 2 key components:
First, the proactive root cause analytics leverage behavior learning to detect problems and statistical correlation to isolate the most likely root cause of a performance issue fast. This helps to significantly reduce mean time to repair (MTTR) and avoids getting lots of resources involved to determine the problem.
- Behavior learning dynamically learns and generates baselines of normal system behavior, detects abnormal behavior, and ensures you get alerted before problems happen (proactive/predictive alerts), enabling you to act as a proactive IT organization, rather than being informed by the end user about a problem or simply not realizing that performance problems exist
- Statistical correlation automatically correlates events and detected abnormalities based on a combination of predictive analytics, business rules, and policies.
The predictive service impact analytics further processes the correlated events and detected abnormalities, applying service impact models and cost information so that events can be prioritized based on what matters most to the business. This ensures IT meets it’s performance SLA’s.
3) The solution provides a single Operations console with an overview of the IT environment and the status of the environment as well as the services being delivered.
§ You can drill into the Application Management console (roadmap) for more detailed analysis from an end user and application perspective.
4) Finally, the solution integrates out-of-the-box with other products within the unified BMC BSM architecture. For example, integration with BMC Remedy enables automated problem triage and resolution actions. These actions include creating enriched trouble tickets containing service impact and root cause information, as well as integration with the BMC BladeLogic Automation suite to automatically determine when configuration changes cause performance problems and initiate appropriate configuration changes and ITIL change management processes to automatically resolve performance problems BPPM has detected with a full audit trail.
The integrated platform ensures an end-to-end approach to proactively monitor and automate the management of your IT infrastructure in a way that provides immediate visibility into whether or not IT is delivering service performance in-line with business priorities and expected costs.
- xMatters (aka AlarmPoint ) for Alert Mgmt/Proactive Notification
- Incident, Problem & Change Mgmt can be executed as part of automated workflows
- BMC Atrium Orchestrator for orchestration engine to drive Preventative Automated workflows
- BLadeLogic Automation solutions feed change information into BPPM, and can be executed as part of the automated workflows
- BMC CMDB/ADDM discovers and maps infrastructure to applications; stores discovered items and relationships in the CMDB; service impact models also stored in the CMDB
Does that help?
Here is a very high-level VISIO diagram I put together that shows BPPM in context of BSM:
- Self learn & baseline performance
Hi Karlis, Thanks for reply with description. I will appreciate if you can help me in writing down "Objective" for BPPM document.
I suggest that you reach out to your local Account Manager and Sales Engineer for support. Let me know if need help to find out who that might be.