the database solution does not need to be activated.
Analysis templates are available as soon as metrics that are part of those templates are present in the domain where you are creating analyses.
In order to use the available analysis templates, try this:
- create a domain (let's say "Oracle Databases")
- associate a few databases to the "Oracle Databases" domain
- check that data is being actively collected for the databases you associated, e.g. by using quick analysis on one metric such as DB_LOG_ALLOCATED_SIZE
- in the Works section of the "Oracle Databases", create an analysis using the wizard
- when asked the option, select the "Database" template group
It should look like this picture below
All Solutions are enabled already. To use an analysis template you need to create an analysis from the workspace and select the template when the wizard asks for that - of course to use a database-related template you need to have database entities in the doman you are creating that analsys.
I hope this helps.
Very live community! Thank you, all.
All answeres are exactly how I expected BCO to work. I must have something strange. I do have data being collected as a Quick Analysis shows:
The Add Analysis option stops with no data:
I am using the Domain created after the initial OEM extract as well as a domain with a few DBs of interest.
There are only 23 system metrics that are available; I expected more.
Bingo! This is a test BCO system so someone, likely me, was playing with the schedule for system tasks and ETLs some time ago prior to adding the OEM ETL. I must have clicked on 'Skip' at some point and even thoughauto-analysis ran, it did nothing.
I changed it to 'Execute' submitted the task, and everything appears working as designed.