1 of 1 people found this helpful
The features archiving and auditing are different.... assuming you have researched a little here?...
The product DSO may help with archiving if you are doing something over and above the product archiving feature.
(moving under AR System)
Archiving: The archive feature of AR System provides a convenient way to periodically store data (not definitions) from a form to an archive form; this reduces the amount of data accessed during searches on the main form thus improving system performance.
(page 534 of Form and Application Objects Guide)
Auditing: Through auditing, you can keep track of changes to data in any form (except
display-only forms). If you have at least one field configured for auditing on a form, data in a main form can be recorded in an audit form or log form when any of the following actions occur:
- A new entry is created on the form.
- An entry is deleted on the form.
- Any audit field on the form is modified.
- Data is merged into a form.
(page 544 of Form and Application Objects Guide)
DSO: Distributed Server Option (DSO) enables you to transfer requests between servers and to keep copies of a request synchronized across multiple servers, even if those servers are geographically dispersed.
DSO has many uses, including these:
- Transferring requests to the location where they are processed
- Transferring requests between regions in a customer support environment that operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Creating a distributed knowledge base so that problem-solving information is accessible from any location
- Archiving old requests
(Page 14 of BMC Remedy Distributed Server Option Guide)
David J. Easter
Product Line Manager, AR System
BSM &Atrium Solutions Mgmt
BMC Software, Inc.