I would see if there is anything in the log.0 and also check the ports incase during the patching something like iis got turned on.
If you get a good dump of the database then all the data is saved. I would just save the <BBNA-Home>\bcaninstalledconfiguration.xml as that will have all the installation settings you used the last time you installed/upgraded the application.
James Smith "Smitty"
Technical Support Analyst
BMC Software, Inc.
Thanks James. Can you help me understand what specifically can I check in the netstat o/p?
What command can I try to take the db dump? The db we are using is Oracle. I am worried that the work that I have done in months of building adapters, creating DSP's etc will be lost if I do reinstall. Will I lose out all that data?
I am attaching the log.0 file as well.
Try this 1st,
Go to -- Tomcat --> conf --> web.xml, edit the web.xml with wordpad and search for
<!-- The mapping for the default servlet -->
You need to uncomment the servlet-mapping and then restart Tomcat. Your application should work now. This is NOT recommended, but you can try this.... take backup of web.xml before u make any changes..
First thing you should do is get a "dump" of the Oracle database. You can use the "exp" command to dump the contents of the Oracle database. That will dump all the tables in that database in a format that can be re-imported using the "imp" command.
Here is a sample command line that will export the entire database:
exp SYSTEM/password FULL=y FILE=dba.dmp GRANTS=y ROWS=y
exp lsone/lsone file=newbkp.dmp log=newlog.log owner=lsone
You will need the appropriate rights within oracle to export the database. I would export as sysdba if possible.
Hope that helps,
Principal Software Consultant
Client Architect Team
BMC Software, Inc.
The final resolution is:
Delete the directories created by BBNA
Import the db
Thing to note is that when I ran the installer again, it did not help. We still had the same issue. Ideally re-running the installer should have replaced the files, but we had the issue. Deleted the directories after the uninstall and installing again helped. Thanks everyone for your inputs.