When you say hang , do you mean the process is stuck and not doing anythign at all ?
Also, Do you see any errors warnings in blcli.log ? Can you paste the same here ?
Are you using Performacne commands or simple blcli ?
You are running this as a nsh script job? or manually?
Can you paste the script ?
exactly : the process is stuck and does not do anything.
I did not check the blcli.log, at next problem I will check it.
I use performance command.
So I splitted my input file in parts of 3000 lines, I loop on it, and since I put a sleep of 30 seconds it seems to work well.
I scheduled a test job each hour to validate the reliability of these settings, but these random hangs are strange.
it is a nsh script job :
split -l $NB_LIGNES $INPUTFILE
for fichier in `ls x*`
$BLCLI Server bulkSetServerPropertyValues $APPDIR `basename $fichier`
Which Version is this ? Are you using Process spawner ?
this is on our 8.1 plateform. We don't use the process spawner
1 of 1 people found this helpful
If this is a x64 jvm, can you use a higher heap ? setting props on 3000 servers shouldn’t be an issue though.
it is a 64bits jvm. Even with 3GB it is the same : random hangs
Can you turn up debug in the blcli log? maybe that will show something useful. You could also ask the dba for an awr report for the time period you try the import to see if there is some problem there, and then open a support ticket w/ that info.
The support does not find the origin of this problem.
I noticed that if I use blcli instead of blcli_execute, my script seems to execute correctly (18 times without error).
Do you think that the use of blcli Server bulkSetServerPropertyValues is more reliable than the same command with blcli_execute ?
Thank you for your help,
Not that I know of. they should be the same.
I confirm to you that my script executes correctly with blcli and sometimes not with blcli_execute.
One of my colleague encounters the same problem with this command :
command OK :
RESULT=$(blcli Utility updateServersStatus "$SERVER_TO_SET" 1 50000 true 2>&1)
Command which hangs :
blcli_execute Utility updateServersStatus "$SERVER_TO_SET" 1 50000 true 2>&1
It seems that the use of blcli Server bulkSetServerPropertyValuesis is more reliable than the same command with blcli_execute. The same with blcli Utility updateServersStatus
I'm pretty sure the issue with updateServerStatus is a different one. That command is actually known to not work with the 'blcli_execute' mechanism. Technically, it's really a problem with a bad interaction between the 'Utility nshCommand' and the 'blcli_execute' mechanism. Generally, it's not a problem though as there is usually no reason to use the 'Utility nshCommand' blcli call with 'blcli_execute' as you're already in NSH to begin with. Unfortunately the 'Utility updateServerStatus' call is written such that it will execute a 'Utility nshCommand' call and that call will generally hang with 'blcli_execute'.
There is no workaround to that other than what your colleague has done by switching over to the standard blcli call.
That does not explain your issue with bulkSetServerPropertyValues though as it does not have any of the above limitations.
it seems that using blcli_execute splits the imput file of this command in as many files as lines in the file, so I reached the maximum number of files in $APPDIR/tmp. With blcli it works fine.