If you want to add the Join form you can go to Base Development mode of Devstudio, create the new Join form and add the Join form in that existing application.
Then again from Best Practice Customization mode you can create overlay of that Join form. By following the above steps your customization for the Join form will be preserved.
You can modify the Deployable Application via Base Development Mode of Devstudio.
As right now for Deployable Application via Best Practice Mode user cannot add custom forms, only addition of custom Audit and Archive form can get added to the Deployable application.
But user can create overlays for the objects present in the Deployable application.
Let me know if you require more information.
Thanks & Regards
If you have added new forms prior to upgrade then BPCU has capability to convert your existing new forms (join or regular) which are part of BMC’s OOB applications to custom form to preserve customization. E.g. in 7.6 if you have added new join form to Help Desk application, during upgrade process when you run BPCU it will convert the join form into custom join form by preserving all permissions.
If you already upgraded to 7.6.04 and now wish to add new custom join form, then there is an unsupported BMC Remedy Developer Studio plugin which can help. The plugin can be located at https://communities.bmc.com/communities/docs/DOC-14382
you can follow below mentioned steps
1. Through base mode BMC Remedy Developer Studio add new Join form in OOB deployable application
2. Using above Plugin convert newly added join form to custom
hope this helps.
I didn't use custom overlays for applications in 7.6.04 yet, but previously I did that:
1) Create your own deployable application with name, for example, 'Customer Appication'.
2) Create records in Role form for your new app with the same names of roles you need. Asset User for example and map with corresponding groups.
3) Give your app new roles and place your join form into this.
4) Than you can set the permission you need to the form.
You can check the below pasted link. I hope it might help you out.