The goal of this idea
- Make it easier to go from a displayed object to other objects related to it.
- Make it easier to create a related object from a displayed object.
Result if implemented
- Even Faster development (Remedy development is very fast already! )
- Easier to analyze existing workflow by making navigation faster and more intuitive.
How I would like BMC to implement it
By right clicking on an object you should always be able to:
- open the object
- create a related object (that gets populated with as much data as the context allows).
E.g. 1 open the object (wich name you see and right click on)
- If I have opened a link that executes on a form I should be able to right click on the name of the form and open it.
- If I have opened a filter that calls a guide I should be able to right click on the guide and open it.
This should be the same through the hole Dev Studio GUI. Everywhere I see an object I should be able to open it. This would save lots of time and clicks and make analysis much faster.
E.g. Creating related objects
- If you have opened a form you should be able to right click on it and create related workflow, the new workflow objects is then directly populated with the form in the related forms list.
- If you click on a button you should be able to create an active link by right clicking on the button and you would then get the related form and the button field populated in the new link.
- By right clicking on a filter or active link guide you should be able to create a link or filter that is directly added to the list of links/filters in the guide
- Etc, etc...
This should be the same through the hole Dev Studio GUI. Everywhere I see an object I should be able to create a related object that gets populated with as mutch infromation as the context allows. This would save lots of time and clicks and make development much faster..