Now that Ideas have been around for over a year it is time to put some structure and expectations around responses from BMC. I am a big proponent of Ideas on BMC Communities but I am concerned they are at risk of being disregarded by customers unless some expectations can be set around feedback from BMC regarding status. Admittedly there are Ideas that have been addressed however there seems to be a lack of consistency and no clear expectation has been set.
Here are some examples I found just this morning:
- Install AR System Object List by default with the Mid-Tier - Dec 2012 - score: 335 - No response regarding status
- Disable Users - Jan 2013 - score: 125 - No response regarding status
- Dev Studio : Show the Execution Order in 'View by Form' Working List - Already offered but still Active
- Availability of Data Import functionality in midtier for Administrators - Feb 2013 - score: 110 - No response regarding status
- Make page components available globally to be used by custom VisualForce pages - Dec 2012 - score: 50 - No response regarding status
- Shared Calendar w/ Assigned Incidents (Who is working on What & When - Quick Overview) - Dec 2012 - score 100 - No response regarding status
- Templates for Self-Service - Aug 2012 - score: 135 - No response regarding status
- Drag & Drop emails into technician client to create/append WO tickets - Oct 2012 - score: 130 - No response regarding status
** 1/9/2020 update by Jason Miller **
Fixed a broken reference in the text.