The Smart IT App on a mobile device (iOS/Android) already supports a "Code Scan" option that allows for bulk asset receiving.
For bar code scanning, "Code Scan" supports the native mobile device camera or manual input from the keyboard.
Smart IT on a mobile device already supports Bulk Asset Actions from the Asset Console
Idea: Enhance "Code Scan" to support Bulk Asset functions using existing Asset Actions
Enhance "Code Scan" to support Bluetooth connected bar code scanners as a native integration into the mobile device app.
Use-cases covered by this enhancement:
1) Bulk Asset movement between Locations (Sites) - For example, 400 Assets moving to a new location within the state
2) Asset Building Audit - For example, validation/updating Assets after a building move
3) Asset Inventory - For example, moving Assets Received into Inventory
4) Native BlueTooth scanning, For example, Wireless Access Point in the ceiling
The mobile device camera is not useful in low-light locations or when the asset bar code is not easily accessible.
1) For this Idea to be effective for our use-case, we also need this other Enhancement implemented SmartIT: Asset actions - Update asset information - Add Cost Center
2) This known defect must be resolved to provide a complete solution. Defect# SW00552301 Smart IT UC and iOS cannot remove Status Reason (fixed in 19.02?)
3) This known problem must be resolved to provide a complete solution. Problem# PD00007570 Smart IT Asset Action for Status update does not function when putting "In Inventory"
Smart IT Custom Asset Actions that we have created