Here is a discovery log snippet from a Test Credential of an SNMP credential
You see the line that says:
discovery.credtests: DEBUG: db293736xxxxxxx: completed test
The device, in this case, was not pingable, and when the customer performed a Credential Test in the GUI, he gets a message, "Unable to determine open ports".
An nmap returns this as part of the output: "Note: Host seems down. If it is really up, but blocking our ping probes, try -Pn"
My comments are these:
1) I would like to see the actual nmap command that was executed in the debug log.
(that way we could cut&paste it from the log if we want the user to execute the same command)
2) There seems to be no indication in the discovery logs that the nmap failed or succeeded.
3) There seems to be no indication in the discovery logs that the credential test failed or succeeded.
4) I would like to see the results of nmap in the debug-level discovery log. Currently, we often ask customers to run nmap so we can get the results.
I would like it if we didn't have to take that extra step.
5) I would like for the GUI to display something more helpful like this:
"Host seems down. If it is really up, but blocking our ping probes, try adding to the 'Exclude ranges from ping' Discovery Configuration option"