This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Client Management
Any version of BCM supporting the asset discovery module.
How can I create a new asset discovery scan manually?
Asset discovery scans created through the wizard fail, how can i create scan configurations manually?
- Go to Asset Discovery > Configuration > Scan Configurations
- Right click on "Scan Configurations" then click on "Create scan configuration..."
- Select your new scan configuration then add credentials (in this example I only want to scan windows devices so I've only set smb credentials):
- Right click on the sub-node "Targets" then on "Create Target List..."
- Add an address range to scan:
Make sure you scanner can contact this subnet
- Go to Asset Discovery > Scanners > Your scanner
- Right click on "Assigned Scans" then click on "Create scan..."
- go to the tab "Scan configuration" and assign your scan configuration to it:
- Go to the tab "Target lists" then add your target list
- Go to the tab "Assigned Schedule", refresh, then right click on "Assignment paused" and finally click on "Activate scan"
- Wait for the scan to complete!