This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Client Management
Any version of BMC client Management
How to Export Software Distribution packages that have already been published to the master?
When exporting a Software Distribution package (for example, for moving a package from a test environment to a production environment), the package object in the database, and the actual installer files are handled separately. The procedure for exporting/importing a package is:
- Please check the Assigned Objects > Operational Rules node under the package you would like to export. If an operational rule is listed, skip to step 4.
- Under the Operational Rules node, create a new operational rule
- On the Packages tab of this new rule, add the package you would like to export.
- On the left side of the console window, click the operational rule the package is assigned to
- Click File > Export in the console, and enter a filename. This creates an XML file with the database objects for the package
- On the master server, go to the \master\data\Vision64Database\packages\ directory, and locate the directory for the package you are exporting. Copy this to a temporary location (the same directory as the XML file created in step 5 is typically a convenient choice).
- Copy the package folder (from step 6 under the exporting section above) to the new master's master\data\Vision64Database\packages\ directory.
- In the new system's console, click File > Import, and browse for the XML file which was exported in step 5 above.
- After import, the package and operational rule objects may appear under Global Settings > Lost and Found. If so, please copy/paste them to the appropriate node.