This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Client Management
Any version of BCM >= 11.5
I can't push rollouts using a rollout server because the Windows shares are disabled.
I can't push rollouts using a rollout server and I want the agent to be installed on the device when the first user logs onto the device.
In this example:
- the rollout config is set to deploy relays. It is still applicable to deploy clients as well.
- the relay Installation path is the same than for a client: C:\Program files\BMC Software\BMC Client Management\
1- Configure the agent installer
- create or use an existing rollout configuration of the type "Windows (All architectures)"
This other KA might help create a new pull rollout configuration if required: Client Management: How to create and deploy Agent Rollouts to the Client by using the pull mode
- [Optional] update the "Auto-extractable Name" to find it more easily later on the rollout portal, e.g:
- if a new rollout configuration is created then make sure all mechanisms required to select the relays in the environment are set in its sub-node Agent Configuration > Communication
- assign it to any rollout server (_YOUR_ROLLOUT_SERVER_NAME_ in the next step) - The master might be the simplest to select if it is not in the Saas. If it is in the Saas then the first relay might be a better choice.
- go to the tab "Assigned Schedule" and click on "Generate Rollout Package":
- go to https://_YOUR_ROLLOUT_SERVER_NAME_:_PORT_/rollout (_PORT_ is "1610" by default)
- download your rollout configuration from there (check the field "Autoextractable Name" in your rollout configuration) - In this case it's called "BCM_Relay_Install.exe"
2- Prepare your GPO
- copy your exe in a share, e.g \\<DNS SERVER>\SYSVOL\<domain name>\BCM\
- create a script to deploy the agent, e.g:
If exist "C:\Program files\BMC Software\BMC Client Management\bin\mtxagent.exe" goto fin if not exist "C:\Program files\BMC Software\BMC Client Management\bin\mtxagent.exe" goto rolloutinstall goto fin :rolloutinstall "\\<DNS SERVER>\SYSVOL\<domain name>\BCM\BCM_Relay_Install.exe" goto fin :fin- set it as a logon script