This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
SQL Performance for DB2
SQL Performance for DB2, System Performance for DB2, MainView for DB2, BMC Performance for SQL, MainView for DB2 Management, Apptune for DB2 (all supported versions)
DOM (Data Collector) fails to initialize when the DOMPLEX optionset is not found in the LGC datastore.
DOM product agent issues:
BMC24384 INITIALIZATION ERROR. SERVICE:LGC-GETOPTION RC: 8 or 12
LGC product agent issues:
DBC started task LGCDSMPR sysout, the SYSPRINT for the LGC data store manager displays the LGC messages. For e.g:
Check the following:
(A) RTCS System Registry
- Issue console command RO *ALL,F RTCS,REGISTRY STATUS to determine if the registry is shared. The registry is shared if the OSZ0240I messages show the same dataset on each LPAR.
- The RTCS members that share a registry must have the same SREGVLDS dataset and the same REGISTRY-XCF-GROUP in OSZINIxx member.
- Ensure that the same physical dataset is shared by all the members. In a nonshared-DASD environment, it is possible to have the same dataset names but different physical datasets. Refer to Controlling sharing of the RTCS system registry and Examples of configuring the RTCS system registry.
- Restart RTCS for changes to take effect.
(B) RTCS private registry (LGC)
- Verify Default DBC Group
- Run sample member LGC$REGD to register or replace the default DBC Group.
- The DBC procedure and LGCUTIL jobs need the //ZDBCssid DD DUMMY to direct LGC to the correct datastore. Refer to Overview of using ZDBCssid to designate non-default DBC groups. E.g PRDPLX and TSTPLX DBC subsystems use separate runtime datasets, option sets and LGC registry. PRDPLX is the default DBC Group. Therefore the TSTPLX DBC subsystems require the ZDBCssid statement.
- Refer to Replicating the DBC using ZDBCssid designation Step 13 for specific instructions to customize the CLISTs.
- Verify LGC private registry and its XCF group
BMCLGC0134I shows the RTCS registry dataset name.
BMCLGC0135I shows the XCF group and the XCF members.
BMCLGC0136I shows the RTCS registry as SHARED or UNSHARED.
The RTCS Private registry is recommended for the LGC datastore. If there are no changes to be done, skip this step.
- Run sample member LGC$REGD to allocate a private registry and register or change the DBC Group entry. Ensure the same physical dataset is shared by the XCF members.
- Run sample member LGC$BKUP to backup the LGC datastore.
- Recycle the LGC agent using console command dcssid LGCREFRESH.
- Run sample member LGC$IMPT to import data into the new LGC datastore.
Once steps (A) and (B) are complete and the DOMPLEX optionset is still missing, follow these steps:
BMCLGC0019I to BMCLGC0021I lists the products and option sets stored in the LGC datastore.
- Run install job $490RGIM to register DB2 products and create/migrate the optionset depending on the install customization.
- If there is no optionset to migrate, sample member LGC$IMPT contains JCL to create a sample option set. Edit the job to point XMLIN to hlq.BMCXML(DOMSAMP). Then modify the sample optionset using DOMCLIST or LGCISPF clist. Refer to Working with LGC - accessing online interface and Working with DOMPLEX option sets Task Summary
- Restart the DOM agent using console command dcssid DOMREFRESH for changes to take effect.