This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Control-M/Forecast Version 8.0.00 and Version 9.0.00
- Why Control-M/Forecast add a 10 seconds delay for every job's execution while performing the simulation?
- How to reduce or increase the default 10 seconds interval included to the job's estimated end time when running the Control-M/Forecast simulation?
There is a Control-M/Forecast System Parameter, which configure the time to advance for each jobs' estimated end time during the simulation:
Interval, in seconds, the simulation advances its calculation of the estimated end time.
1 - Improves accuracy
10 - Default
60 - Improves performance
Follow the below steps to update this Control-M/Forecast System Parameter:
1. Launch Control-M Configuration
2. Click on "Main Components" under the "Component Tree" panel
3. Click on "Control-M EM" under the "Type" column
4. Click on the "Home" tab and select "System Parameters"
5. Click on "Advanced" on the left panel
6. Enter "SimulatorEngineStep" under the "Name" field to perform filteration
7. Double click on the "SimulatorEngineStep" for "Forecast" type
8. Update the value field as desired
9. Perform the Forecast simulation again