This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Helix Remedyforce Service Desk
How to create a RemedyForce Validation Rule to Ensure Staff field is populated when the status is set to "Completed" or any other status?
Create a validation rule on the "Incident" Object. You can use the following error condition formula to ensure that the Staff field is not blank when the Incident status is set to "Completed" (or any other status)
- Go to Setup | Obejects | Select incident object
- Go to Validation Rules section and click on New
- Give your rule a name, description and an error message
- Enter on the Error condition formula the following formula
BMCServiceDesk__Status_ID__c = "COMPLETED" && ISBLANK(BMCServiceDesk__FKOpenBy__c)
5. Make sure your rule is active and click save.
Note: Ensure to enter the status exactly as it is listed on the Status tab, in this case we used the Completed status but you may choose any other status.