This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
How to customize reports in Track-It! using Crystal Reports XI
If you are looking to update a previous version of Track-It! custom report then follow the article How to convert previous versions of Track-It! reports for use in later versions
1. Open the technician client and go to the reports module.
2. Export the report that you want to customize.
3. Open the report file with Crystal Reports XI
4. Click the Database menu and select Set Datasource Location.
5. The Set Datasource Location window will appear.
6. In the bottom pane, click the Create New Connection item to expand it.
7. Expand the ODBC (RDO) type. A new Datasource Selection dialogue will appear.
8. Choose the Trackit DSN from the list and then click Next
9. Enter the username and password if prompted:
By default, the username is TRACKIT65 and the password is BLUEOCEAN.
By default, the username is TRACKIT70 and the password is BLUEOCEAN.
Track-It! 8.x, 9, 10.x and 11.x (SQL Server Database)
By default, the username is TRACKITRPT and the password is TI_DB_P@ssw0rd.
NOTE: When Track-It! uses a SQL Server database, the username in Track-It! 8.x or 9 may vary (ie. TRACKITRPT_1, TRACKITRPT_2, _3, _4, etc). Check the TRACKIT_USER value in the Trackit.cfgfile, which is found in the root of the Track-It! Server folder, to see if the TRACKIT80 user listed there has an underscore and
number following the name. If so, use that same number for the TRACKITRPT user.
10. Click Finish.
11. The next screen will allow you to re-map tables and fields, if necessary.
12. Highlight the table or view in the top window, and then find the matching table or view name in the bottom window by expanding the database name -> dbo -> Tables (or Views). Once the matching object name is found and selected, click the Update button.
You may need to do this several times if your report contains multiple tables or views.
13. Click Close to close the Set Datasource Location window.
14. Click Database => Verify Database from the main Crystal Reports window.
Your report should be up to date.
15. If you receive messages that state “Table has changed, proceed to fix up the report”, Click Yes to these messages.
16. At this point you should be able to customize the report in Crystal Reports XI. Then save the report as a new filename.
17. Import the custom report into Track-It! using the article How to import custom reports into Track-It!