This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedy Change Management Application
ODM - Remedy Change Management
1. Create a Change Request and ad an Adhoc approval, and make sure there are no approvals mapped in next approval phase i.e Review, business, implementation, Close down.
- Create a change request and Save it. Now the CRQ is in Draft Status.
- Ad an Adhoc approval and make sure there are no approvers mapped in Review phase.(If there is any approver mapped in Review phase then issue will not be replicable)
- Now go to approval Central and Approved the request.
- Go back to Change Request and refresh it, and click on ‘Next Stage’
Defect# SW00510103 is logged for this issue.
Possible solution for hotfix / work-around
1. Modify filter:
Form: CHG:Infrastructure Change
EO: None (307) (Called by Guide)
RI: ('ApproversCountForAutoApproval' = 0) AND ('Approval Definition ID' != $NULL$) AND ('z1D_ApprovalProcessType' = "Level")
If action 1 -> set fields -> server:
Quali: ($Request ID$ = 'Request') AND ('Application' = "CHG:Infrastructure Change") AND ('Process' LIKE $ApprovalProcessName$) AND ('Status-Dtl' = "Pending") AND ($z1D_ApprovalProcessType$ = "Level")
Quali: ($Request ID$ = 'Request') AND ('Application' = "CHG:Infrastructure Change") AND ('Process' LIKE $ApprovalProcessName$) AND ('Status-Dtl' = "Pending") AND ($z1D_ApprovalProcessType$ = "Level") AND ('Approval Status' = "Pending")
INRM: Set fields to NULL
IARM: Use first matching request
z1D Char02 = $Request$
If action 2 -> set fields -> current transaction: No changes to this action
ApproversCountForAutoApproval = $LASTCOUNT$
NOTE on behaviour with this possible workaround code fix:
- In the defect/issue case, even though the adhoc approver is added and approved by adhoc approver, once the CRQ is moved from Draft to Next Stage, because there are no-mapped-approvers, the CRQ will move to "No approvers" status set in the Review phase in approval process configuration. This may be considered as a limitation for this work-around. And in future, when we will consider tis defect for a release, we will fix and document it appropriately.