This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Helix Remedyforce Service Desk
Unable to access the Remedyforce Console or Remedyforce Self Service. Error: License Required. The Visualforce Page RemedyforceConsole is a part of the AppExchange Package BMC Remedyforce and Requires a License to Use.
The Remedyforce license had expired or the user with the problem does not have the Remedyforce license assigned
Chances are if you are seeing this error that your BMC Remedyforce package license status was suspended and requires reactivation, Also if only specific users have this problem you would need to assign the license to the affected users.a) If the license was suspended for your entire org
Contact you BMC Relationship or Customer Service Manager and BMC Licensing team. You can verify the status of your license in Setup | Installed Packages
b) If only certain users face this error follow these steps to add the license.
Method 1 (for single user)
- go to RF admin tab
- Under Manage users select clients
- Select a user with the problem
- Mark the checkbox "Assign Remedyforce License" (Newer orgs have this option grayed out)
- Go to setup
- Type in the quickfind box "installed packages" and select from below
- Find your "BMC Helix Remedyforce" license and click on "manage licenses"
- Add the users that need this license.