This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Control-M for z/OS
Control-M for z/OS
BMC Control-M for z/OS BMC Control-M/Restart BMC Control-D BMC Control-V BMC Control-O BMC Control-M/Tape BMC Control-M/Analyzer BMC Control-M Workload Automation JCL Verify
Compatibility of BMC INCONTROL products and z/OS 1.13, 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3 for the following products:
BMC Control-M for z/OS
BMC Control-M Workload Automation JCL Verify
For support of a new release of z/OS you will need to first visit the “BMC Solution and product Availability and Compatibility utility" link that is available from the Support page. This link will show the minimum level of the INCONTROL product required to support a specific level of z/OS.
Go to the BMC Support page http://www.BMC.com/support
Select the "Compatibility" link.
In addition to this, the attached Excel document shows details of APARS that are required over and above the maintenance levels detailed in the "z/OS Compatibility Database".
How to determine an INCONTROL ptf number for a BMC APAR number used in the above table?
1) Go to the eFix site (from the support site select “Downloads & Products” then select “Mainframe ptfs” then select “eFix PTF Distribution Services”)
2) When presented with the eFix page, select the environment according to your version (IOA 7.0.xx, 8.0.xx or 9.0.xx).
3) In the "Search Type" drop down box select Apar.
4) Enter the name of the APAR into the box named "Search Argument(s):".
5) Hit the search button.
6) In the results screen you will see the APAR listed with a title.
7) Select the APAR hyperlink and you will see more details about the APAR including the ptf number(s) and the level that the ptf(s) are included in.
1. Using the SETCON command instead of the MN command as of z/OS 1.8Users of CONTROL-M/Tape, CONTROL-M/Links for z/OS, CONTROL-O, and CONTROL-M for z/OS using CMEM, must verify that the IEF403I and IEF404I messages appear in the SYSLOG. These messages are required for CONTROL-M/Tape processing and for ON DSNEVENT, ON STEP, and ON JOBEND (JES3 only) rules processing for CONTROL-M for z/OS using CMEM, CONTROL-O, or CONTROL-M/Links for z/OS. The messages are controlled by the z/OS monitoring facility. In z/OS 1.8, controlling of the monitoring facility was changed.
In order to verify that IEF403I and IEF404I messages appear in the SYSLOG, IBM recommends as of z/OS version 1.8 using the SETCON command instead of the MN command, as follows:
The monitoring facility status set by SETCON can be checked using the following command:
CNZ1100I 03.23.22 MONITOR DISPLAY
SPACE=OFF DSNAME=ON TIMESTAMP=ON
MSGTYPE SETCON MN NUMBER OF RECEIVERS
JOBNAMES ON,LOG 0 CONSOLES
SESS OFF 0 CONSOLES
STATUS OFF 0 CONSOLES
In addition, refer to IBM APAR OA17099.
2. IBM Apars recommended for z/OS 1.13.If IBM APAR OA38762 is applied, then IBM APAR UA65849 should also be applied. This APAR resolves a problem in the Cloning process that causes the IOACDRNM member generated to be incomplete.
3. IBM Apars recommended for z/OS 2.1.IBM APAR OA43570 should be applied. This APAR resolves:
- A problem in Maintenance and APPLY Ad-hoc PTF features that causes job analyses to complete with:
!!!! Error reading DD INDD1 for DDNAME ,CC=(20) JOBRC=(20)
- A problem in the ICE Cloning and Deploy Changes/Fixes features that causes environment analysis to fail with:
1221 +++ Call IOACCWLG "IOAI0RI The member "||MemName||" created"
1191 +++ Call Tailor_Member Word(Skels,i)
233 +++ Call Tailor_Members
RX0043I Error running IOACCDSL, line 1221: Routine not found
4. Version 6.3.xx of the INCONTROL products are not supported on z/OS 2.2.
Please note that version 6.3.xx of the INCONTROL products are NOT supported on z/OS version 2.2 and above.
5. Version 7.0.xx of the INCONTROL products are not supported on z/OS 2.3.
Please note that version 7.0.xx of the INCONTROL products are NOT supported on z/OS version 2.3 and above.
6. IBM Apars recommended for z/OS 2.2. and aboveIBM APAR OA48715 is required for supported versions of BMC Control-M/Tape (see note 4 above).