Reputation is based on engagement.
The more value users provide, the more they get.
- Points: they are given to each user based on activity (from this user, of from other users on posts from him
- On Each User Profile, the total number of points is displayed
- On a given Community/Group, points received in the very place are displayed in the leaderboard
- Rewards (also know as Badges): stamp that the user achieve something specific
- Missions: they provide step by step guide to achieve Rewards (see current Overview)
Can I get points while doing nothing?
Sure, if users interact on posts you've done.
So trendy users (for example who socialize PPTs or PDFs - using "upload a file") see their reputation growing also when they sleep.
Do all Rewards credit points?
Some rewards do, but usually points are given based on exact behavior.
- when a user logs in, he'll receive a couple of points. Yes, each time!
- And when a user logs in enough time (3 times in 3 days I believe), he'll receive the "Welcome Back" reward. And this happens once.
Can a Reward belong to several Missions?
No, a reward belongs to one Mission max.
Note: some hidden reward may exist (have some of you found any?), they are not displayed in any Mission to give a good surprise