This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
TrueSight Server Automation Suite
In TSSA receiving the following error when attempting to launch the blasadmin utility:
[ERROR] Could not find C:/Program Files (x86)/BMC Software/BladeLogic/NSH/br/blasadmin.cfg
[ERROR] Failed to initialize the executable for C:\Program Files\BMC Software\BladeLogic\NSH\bin\blasadmin.exe.
The referenced blasadmin.cfg is not present or cannot be accessed
Cause #1: The path to the NSH directory in the HOME file is likely incorrect.
1. Go to the "C:\WINDOWS\rsc" directory.
2. Open the "HOME" file in a text editor.
3. You will see something like this:
/cygdrive/C/Program Files (x86)/BMC Software/BladeLogic/NSH
4. Change it to the correct path according to your environment:
/cygdrive/C/Program Files/BMC Software/BladeLogic/NSH
5. Save the file.
6. Now you should be able to run the blasadmin utility from NSH.
Cause #2: The file blasadmin.cfg does not exist
1. Verify the file does not exists in the referenced directory location
2. If not, create a new file in the referenced directory with the name bladadmin.cfg
3. Copy the below content into the file, modifying the paths if required:
4. Re-run the blasadmin command and verify it executes successfully