This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedy Knowledge Management Application With 1 User
BMC Remedy Knowledge Management Application With 1 User
Information regarding the Out of the box approval configuration for RKM application
CAUSE: Custom approval configuration problem
In regards to the problem reported by you:
Approval configuration problem:
As discussed during our telephone conversation we understand that you would like to have a custom approval configuration similar to your sandbox environment(where approval is working fine) and you will review the configuration do the needful to replicate the same on your test environment. However you have requested to send the arx information inputs sent by Neha for her review.
1. The below information is only if you want to configure Out of the box approval configuration and just for your information as requested which may also be helpful to you in understanding the list of RKM approval related arx files information.
2. Please do not do any configuration changes (other than database backup) if you want to go for out of the approval configuration.
Below are the inputs if you would like to go for the Out of the approval configuration:
1. Take a database backup. (snapshot )
2. For the below mentioned 9 forms, please go ahead and delete all the records existing at the customer end pertaining to RKM.
Ensure you do not delete record for any other application . For example , in AP:ProcessDefinition form there is a field called 'Form*' . So we need to
delete only which contains RKM:KnowledgeArticleManager as the value.
3. Do it for all the forms and then import the following arx's (in order).
I noticed that 3 arxs(Mentioned below) were not there and one extra arx for form
APR:Field Value Pair
APR:Approval Chain Element
APR:SYS-Approval Definition -( Not sent )
AP:Process Definition-( Not Sent)
This should help resolve customer issue.