This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
ProactiveNet Performance Management Suite
BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management Suite
Unable to start ProactiveNet Server - "DEBUG WaitForDataBase() DB connection failed" message in "ProServices.log"
Based on the error message, "DEBUG WaitForDataBase() DB connection failed" (ProServices.log), the conflict may be related to the ODBC configuration. Please open the "ODBC Data Source Administrator", "odbcad32.exe" (C:\windows\SysWow64\odbcad32.exe) to verify the configurations of the ProactiveNet Data Sources.
1. From the "ODBC Data Source Administrator", select the "Configure..." button for the "ASADemo" and "SynaseSQLAnyWhere" System Data Sources on the "System DSN" tab.
2. For each Data Source, select the "Test Connection" button to verify the configuration from the "ODBC" tab of the "ODBC Configuration" dialog.
3. If the "Test Connection" fails, the Data Sources should be modified from the "ODBC Configuration" dialog or through the Windows Registry, "regedit" (HKLM\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\ASADemo
HKLM\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\SybaseSQLAnyWhere, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ODBC\ODBC.INI\ASADemo and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ODBC\ODBC.INI\SybaseSQLAnyWhere)
4. If the "Test Connection" results in a "Connection Successful" message, please try to stop each of the Windows Services related to ProactiveNet.
* If the "BMC ProactiveNet Server" is still "Starting", please run "kill -pid" for the Process ID (PID) of the "ProactiveNetService.exe".
5. Once all of the related processes are stopped, run "pw sys start" followed by "pw sys status".
6. Manually start any remaining Windows Services related to ProactiveNet.
Additional troubleshooting will be required if any of the Processes are still "!Not Running!", or if the "Admin Console" or "Operations Console" is not accessible.
- BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management Suite