This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
PATROL for Oracle WebLogic
BMC PATROL for Oracle WebLogic
Can't register the Weblogic server using TLS Protocol 1. Our environment requires a more stringent connection to the AdminServer. We are using TLS 1.1.
BMC PATROL for Oracle WebLogic 3.0.10
Customer need support for TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 protocol. Solution is not covered in the online documentation.
1) Added the following JVM Arguments (wls-environment -> Knowledge Module Commands -> KM Administration -> Define JVM Arguments):
-Dweblogic.security.SSL.enableJSSE=true - -Dweblogic.security.SSL.ignoreHostnameVerification=true
2) The remaining issues had to do with permissions:
a) I had to give the Patrol account additional permissions, that are not listed in the documentation, mainly to some .jar files. In our environment we don't put the Patrol user in the weblogic group so we need to set ACLs on various directories.
b) I found that patrol needed additional permissions on jar files in jvm/jre/lib/ext directory as well as the modules directory.
c) The documentation states only:
- Read for the WebLogic home directory
- Read-Execute for the Java home directory
- Read-Write-Execute for the $PATROL_ROOT/.../srp directory
Remember to include the .jks file in the Server Keystore Path.
- BMC PATROL for Oracle WebLogic