This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedy AR System Server
BMC Remedy AR System Server
LP: BMC Remedy AR System Server 7.6.04
DR: AR System Server 7.6.04
Upgrading the ITSM environment. The planned architecture for production will have 5 servers in a server group.
In order to speed up the installation process would is it possible to:
1) Install primary server using GUI installers
2) Install 1 secondary server using GUI installer
3) Install the remaining secondary servers by copying binary files from the previously installed secondary server.
All servers are Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.5 (Tikanga).
Is this approach supported?
Starting from version 7.6.04 and onwards file replacement method is not supported.
In this scenario you have to run the installation and complete the installation of server group.
The following two options are available
1) Install all servers using GUI installer
2) Perform the silent (unattended) installation
These are the only two options available in order to do the server group installation.
- BMC Remedy AR System Server