This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
ProactiveNet Performance Management Suite
BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management Suite
Citrix XenApp monitoring
There is not currently a specific PATROL Knowledge Module for XenApp, but the PATROL for Microsoft Windows Servers is capable of monitoring the activity on the Windows Server hosting the XenApp applications.
Additional details are documented in the "BMC PATROL for Microsoft Windows Servers 4.6.00 - Getting Started Guide (December 2012)" (http://documents.bmc.com/supportu/documents/22/65/412265/412265.pdf).
- "PATROL KM for Microsoft Windows Remote Desktop Services" (page 32) ======== PATROL for Windows Servers provides the capability to monitor Microsoft Windows Remote Desktop Services. With this KM, you can perform the following tasks:
- monitor terminal services for logged in users and performance statistics of their sessions
- discover logged in sessions on the terminal server ========
- "PATROL Wizard for Microsoft Performance Monitor and WMI" (page 32)
- "Configuring PATROL Wizard for Microsoft Performance Monitor and WMI" (pages 136 - 141) ======== The PATROL Wizard for Microsoft Performance Monitor and WMI allows you to quickly create your own parameters based on Microsoft's Performance Monitor (PerfMon) counters or Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) data
>>BMC Portal is the only product that has a solution, which is an agentless solution called BMC Performance Manager for Citrix Presentation Server, that will monitor Citrix product. BMC Performance Manager for Citrix Presentation Server version 2.5.00 with the 2.5.03 patch will be able to monitor Citrix XenApp versions 5.0 and 6.0. This solution is an agentless solution that will require the BMC Portal.
Below are the links to the BMC Performance Manager for Citrix Presentation Server 2.5.xx documents:
BMC Performance Manager for Citrix Presentation Server 2.5.00 Release Notes http://documents.bmc.com/supportu/documents/79/80/87980/87980.pdf
BMC Performance Manager for Citrix Presentation Server 2.5.03 (patch) Technical Bulletin document http://documents.bmc.com/supportu/documents/53/45/105345/105345.pdf
BMC Performance Manager for Citrix Presentation Server 2.5.03 Third-Party Support document http://documents.bmc.com/supportu/documents/29/94/132994/132994.pdf
Now BMC is rolling out a Community based product enhancement request process called Ideas enabling customers to share their Ideas with other members of the BMC user community. Ideas uses a crowdsourcing approach that allows users to vote for Ideas that they would like to see implemented. To submit your Idea to the relevant forum please follow this link: https://communities.bmc.com/welcome select the appropriate product, content, then Ideas."
The benefits for this next gen Request for Enhancement tool would provide
>>The visibility into the type of Ideas that other customers have for the product, and how popular those Ideas are.
>>You will have a way to tell us which Ideas are more or less important.
>>It will provide a place to interact with BMC engineers/ product teams encourages a broad view of the need behind the Idea because multiple customers can contribute to one Idea.
>>It will also provide visibility into which Ideas are implemented.
Below are the steps how you can create and submit your Idea(RFE).
>>You need to login to the communities site.
>>You need to browse to the BMC Proactive Net
BMC.com > All Places > Products > BMC Proactive Net
>>Once you are on BMC Proactive Net , you would be able to Create tab in the center of the page.
>>Click on it and you will get an option Idea.
>>Click on it to create and submitt your Idea.
You need to enter the details and publish it. Your idea(RFE) would be created.
Also please check the below link which will give you more information about "Ideas"
- BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management Suite