This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Service Request Management
Survey email not being sent in SRM version 9x
1. DROP/BUILD BUG OCCURS IN (IF PRE-RELEASE)
SRM 9.0.00 and 9.0.01
2. STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
- Enable surveys and configure SRD to fire off survey
- Set days interval to 0 so all SRs fire off survey
- Create Service Request
- Complete/Resolve the fulfillment record which Completes SR which fires survey email
3. ACTUAL RESULTS:
- No email is generated or sent, new workflow pushes record into NT Process Control but it does not process further
4. EXPECTED RESULTS:
- Survey email is created and sent
5. BUSINESS IMPACT:
High no survey fucntion works if survey is not sent via email as most customers access survey via email URL
Survey notification is redesigned to run off escalation.
This is functioning as deigned in 9.x versions.
Starting from 9x survey notifications are run on a new escalation "SRM:SRV:TriggerSurveyNotification" which runs on a 1 hour interval, so it may take up to close to 2hours for survey to be sent. This is as designed in 9x. It was redesigned as prior customers reported they were receiving Survey notification prior to Completed notification.