This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Helix Remedyforce Service Desk
Remedyforce CMDB 2.0 Upgrade Failed but with No Error Messages.
There were several problems.
1. Changes in Salesforce no longer allow us to see the log files via LMA if the CMDB upgrade fails. The logs must be collected and sent by the customer to support.
2. To the check the problem records look in Base Element. For the records that failed Step 3 (Migration) of the CMDB upgrade process the CDMB Version field will be blank.
Customer wanted to start fresh so ALL the CIs were delete using the following methods.
1. Deleted from the CMDB Explorer
2. Deleted using the Salesforce DataLoader
3. Delete using Eclipse with Force.com plugin and the following code:1
list<mycustomobject__c> DeleteList = [select Name from mycustomobject__c limit 5000];
4. Once all CIs have been deleted from ALL related objects run Step 3 of the CMDB upgrade.
5. Verify the rest of the CMDB upgrade completes without error.