This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Helix Remedyforce Service Desk
Remedyforce Email Services are Not Attaching Attachments
The context user on the email service email address does not have the proper rights.
Change the Context User to an Admin User or a User with the Service Desk Staff or Service Desk Change Manager Permission Set.
Setting the Context User:
1. Login into Salesforce | Click Develop | Click Email Services.
2. Click the Remedyforce Email Listener
3. Under Email Addresses | Click the Context User
4. Click the User Action Menu (Square icon with downward facing triangle) | Select User Detail.
5. Click Permission Set Assignment | Click Edit Assigments
6. Add either ServiceDesk Staff or ServiceDesk Change Manger to user | Click Save.
7. Send an email with an attachment to the Remedyforce Email listener.
8. Verify the Incident creates and the attachment is attached.