Most of the articles in Plugged In ask you to "Log in to the TAP Portal to read more." If you have yet to take advantage of access to the private TAP Portal, you may not realize the benefits of this information exchange and self-service device. Accessing the TAP Portal begins with a BMC Communities ID. If you don't already have yours, read on to learn how to apply for your ID.
The TAP Portal helps you connect with other developers in the TAP Community and the BMC Developer Network. As a TAP partner, you have special privileges and access to private forums and documents that are on the Portal. There are no restrictions on the number of participants from your company that can access the TAP Portal.
Within the TAP Portal you can: Read the issues of Plugged In. Access often-requested information, such as how to produce a news release with BMC. Read the latest blogs from BMC thought leaders. Ask a question. All this and more from the TAP Portal and BMC Communities.
To establish an account:
- Go to the BMC Communities account request page.
- Type your company email address and click "Confirm address." You must use your company (partner) email address.
- Look for an email from "firstname.lastname@example.org" and click on the link in the email to confirm your email address.
- A Web page will open prompting you to create your account and profile.
- Click "Create your account and profile" to open the registration form; complete all required fields on the "Registration: Create your account" screen.
- To request access to the TAP Portal:
- Under "Primary BMC Relationship," choose "BMC Software Partner/Alliance/ISV/Reseller."
- Under "BMC Communities Relationship," choose "Technology Alliance Program (TAP)."
Note: Access to the TAP Portal is only provided to existing TAP participants. If your request for access is approved, and you are a current TAP participant, access will be provided within 48 hours. Access to the TAP Portal is not granted immediately upon registration to BMC Communities.
- After reading the site terms and conditions, and checking the box agreeing to the terms and conditions, click “Continue” at the end of the registration screen.
Note: If the registration form re-displays, verify that you have completed all required fields correctly and that the last two sentences are marked “Yes.” Once you have completed all fields, again click “Continue” to resubmit your registration form.
- Whitelist email from “developer.bmc.com” (i.e., place the email address on your list of accepted senders). The procedure for whitelisting varies by email software and service provider. For Outlook:
- Open the “Actions >Junk E-mail >Junk E-mail Options” menu.
- Select the “Safe Senders” tab, and click the “Add” button.
- Type “@developer.bmc.com” and click “OK” twice.
- You will receive a confirmation email with a link to click; a page will open stating that your account is active.
- Click the BMC Communities home page link, and log in at the top of the page.
- Navigate to the TAP Portal.