This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Cloud Lifecycle Management
BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management
Enterprise AR and MS SQL server machines are configured with Local Admin accounts. During the course of Installation of Enterprise AR, Install Planner throws an error message: "Please check the following for the remote database operation to be successful"
bmcremedyitsmsuitepreconfiguredstack_install_log.txt (can be found in the Temp folder on the Enterprise AR) shows the following error:
This issue is observed only when Enterprise AR and the remote MS SQL server machines are configured with Local Admin accounts. To troubleshoot this issue, the following steps can be performed:
1. User Account Control settings on EAR (Enterprise AR) and MS SQL server machines should be disabled.
2. MS SQL services should be configured with the same Local Admin Account with which the MS SQL server Database machine is configured. Add the service account (i.e. the account with which MS SQL services are configured) to both the Database and Remedy server local Administrator group. Add sysadmin right to the service account from the SQL Server Management Studio.
3. Login to SQL Server as a service account, ensure that this account has admin privileges on the data and log folder of the Database.
4. Ensure that the SQL server service account is able to accessfolder from the Database server.
- BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management