This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedy with Smart IT
Remedy with Smart IT 1.2
SmartIT and AR server in server group and utilizing a Load Balancer with SSL enabled.
SmartIT Activity is not updated with new entry from Remedy when using Load Balancer in SHR KeyStore. When SHR KeyStore form is updated to point to the LB (https URL), when adding a work note to an incident in ITSM/Remedy, the work note details are not reflected in SmartIT (however, work notes added to an incident from SmartIT, appear in ITSM/Remedy). When SHR KeyStore is updated to point to a specific SmartIT server, the update from SmartIT to Remedy works.
Due to the AR plugin server not processing/trusting request from the SmartIT server because the ca certificate is not present in the certificate repository of the AR servers. To resolve the issue, the plugin server was updated with the valid ca cert.
Note: KeyStore Explorer can be downloaded from http://www.keystore-explorer.org/downloads.html
1) Go to the SSL folders (where the certs are stored) and copy the root and intermediate certificate into the java/lib/security folder of the AR servers.
Please note, it has to be the same java which is being used by the pluginsvr and needs to be done on all AR servers if in a clustered environment. You can check the java path via the armonitor.conf of the pluginsvr
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_111\bin\java" -Xmx512m -classpath "C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\pluginsvr;C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\pluginsvr\arpluginsvr91_build001.jar;C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\approval\bin\armaskingImpl91_build001.jar;C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\arserver\api\lib\arcmnapp91_build001.jar" com.bmc.arsys.pluginsvr.ARPluginServerMain -x xxxx.xxx.xxx -i "C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem" -m
2) Once the files are in java/lib/security folder of the AR server, import these 2 files into "cacerts" using Keystore explorer
Click open cacerts
Click on Tools -> Import Trusted Certificate -> Import the root and intermediate certificates into cacerts -> save)
3) Update SHR:SHR_KeyStore to point to the LB URL (if it hasn't been done already)
4) Restart the AR server
5) Restart Smart IT server
1) Using ssh copy the cacerts file in the <jre folder> /lib/security/cacerts on the solaris vm to the windows machine (This has to the same java which is being used by the pluginsvr - see Note below)
2) Using Keystore explorer, follow the windows instructions of importing the root and intermediateca certificate into cacerts
2b) can also use this command: sudo keytool -importcert -trustcacerts -alias servername -file servercertfile.cer -keystore /usr/java/latest/lib/security/cacerts
3) Using ssh, copy the cacerts back to the solaris vm
4) Add the following argument to line4 in the armonitor:
So the new line should look like:
/usr/jdk/latest/jre/bin/sparcv9/java -Xmx4096m -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/path/to/cacerts -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=9984 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false -classpath /usr/remedy/ARSystem/pluginsvr:/usr/remedy/ARSystem/pluginsvr/arpluginsvr81_build001.jar:/usr/remedy/ARSystem/api/lib/arcmnapp81_build001.jar com.bmc.arsys.pluginsvr.ARPluginServerMain -x crsnxm004 -i /usr/remedy/ARSystem
5) Change the hostname to the loadbalancer url in SHR:SHR_KeyStore
6) Restart the AR server
7) Restart Smart IT server
NOTE: With 8.1 ARS, we use Java Plugin server. You have to follow below steps to determine the correct java that is used by the pluginsvr
1) In ARServer Box, take a look at armonitor.cfg available at /etc/arsystem/<servername>/armonitor.cfg
2) Check the java path for pluginsvr
/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_23/jre/bin/java -Xmx512m -classpath /data1/ar/ars8/ARSystem/pluginsvr:/data1/ar/ars8/ARSystem/pluginsvr/arpluginsvr81_build001.jar:/data1/ar/ars8/ARSystem/approval/bin/armaskingImpl81_build001.jar:/data1/ar/ars8/ARSyst
3) You have to import the certificates on the java mentioned within the plugin server
If everything went well, you should be able to see the worknotes and notifications in SmartIT.