This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedy AR System Server
Smart Reporting Remedy
Remedy Smart Reporting 9.x and above
The default password for 'siadmin' user has been changed and isn't recorded. After multiple attempts it gives the error "You have exceeded the number of allowed login attempts."
Password has been locked due to multiple incorrect login attempts.
Please follow below steps to reset default Admin user "siadmin" password:
- Go to C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\SmartReporting\development\examples
- Copy ResetAdmin.jsp and paste it in C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\SmartReporting\appserver\webapps\ROOT
- Go to C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\SmartReporting\appserver\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF
- Open Web.xml
- Search for CSRF under csrf filter look for ignore
- Make the below changes and save the file
- Restart the Tomcat
- With Bundled Tomcat go to http://<server name>:<port number>/ResetAdmin.jsp
- With External Tomcat go to http://<server name>:<port number>/directory/ResetAdmin.jsp e.g. http://<server name>:<port number>/SmartReporting/ResetAdmin.jsp
- Change the password back to 'siadmin'
- Remove the entry made in web.xml and delete the ResetAdmin.jsp file from ROOT.
Note:The above changes are risky and unsecured.So revert the changes as soon as the password gets reset for 'siadmin'.
NOTE: This article is also available in Spanish, search by Article Number 000164562. / NOTA: Este artículo también est disponible en Español, buscar por el Número de Artículo 000164562.