This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Helix Remedyforce Service Desk
How to Add Custom Fields to the Specifications Tab in the Remedyforce CMDB?
See below steps for adding custom fields in the Specifications tab in Remedyforce CMDB 2.0.
To add a custom fields in Out of the box class , such as Mainframe, the field must be created in the Base Element object and then add the field to the Mainframe field set. The field is shown on the Specifications tab in the Instance Editor.
To add a custom attribute in an existing class or field set in CMDB 2.0:
1. Navigate to Setup | Create | Objects.
2. In the Label column, click Base Element.
3. In the Custom Fields & Relationships section, click New.
4. Select the data type of the field that you want to add, and click Next.
5. In the Field Label field, enter the field name and fill in other required details.
6. Click Next.
7. As per your service desk requirements, select the Visible or Read-Only check boxes for the required profiles, and click Next.
8. Click Save.
9. On the Custom Object Base Element page, navigate to the Field Sets section. For the field set corresponding to the class to which you want to add the field, in the Action column, click Edit.
In the example, click Edit for Mainframe.
10. Drag the field that you have added to the In the Field Set list, and click Save.
11. Verify the new custom field is visible in the Specifications tab of the CMDB form.