This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
If Track-It! 7 was installed and setup to run the database from a SQL 2005 server, the following error may occur when attempting to launch the Technician Client application: Cannot connect to database Click "tell me more" shows: Failed to open connection. Login failed for user 'TRACKIT70'
Typically this will appear if the TRACKIT70 SQL user is created manually on the SQL 2005 sever or if the user's password is changed through the SQL 2005 Management Studio. To resolve the issue, please take the following steps:
- On the SQL 2005 server, open the SQL Management Studio.
- Expand the Security folder and then expand Logins.
- Right-click the TRACKIT70 user and select Properties.
- Re-enter the password as BLUEOCEAN (All uppercase) and confirm it.
- Click Ok to save the changes.
- Close the Management Studio.
- Open the ..\Track-It! 7.0\Track-It! Server directory on the Track-It! server and open the trackit.cfg file with Notepad.
- Locate the TRACKIT_PASSWORD= entry and make sure it looks like the following (Copy and paste the line below if needed): TRACKIT_PASSWORD=nOIQ|iAbZ