This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
If the "Audit Now" process is used to remotely audit a Windows Vista, Windows 2008, or Windows 7 machine that does not yet have the Audit Agent software installed, and the machine is not on the same domain as the Technician Client workstation, the audit will fail with "Software Push Failed" or "Audit Failed" (depending on Track-It! version) unless User Account Control (UAC) is disabled on the remote machine. This is because the Audit Agent software cannot be installed with UAC enabled. However, once the Agent software is installed on the remote machine, UAC can be re-enabled.
To disable UAC on the Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, or Windows 7 machine that you are attempting to remotely audit so that the Agent software can be installed successfully, please take the following steps so that the Audit Agent software can be installed (the exact options mentioned below may vary slightly depending on operating system):
- Open the Windows Control Panel.
- Click User Accounts.
- Click the "Change your Windows password" link to access the list of accounts.
- Click the "Turn User Account Control on or off" link ("Change User Account Control Settings" in Windows 7).
- Disable the checkbox next to "Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer" (In Windows 7, move the slider all the way to the bottom).
- Click Ok and then restart the machine when prompted.
This is a known issue which has not yet been resolved in the current version of the product. Please contact Track-It! Support to open a new case which can be associated with the defect. Refer to Defect number: 754538