This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
The URL link generated by the Change Management notification e-mail is pointing to the old server or an incorrect server name. This usually happens after moving Track-It! to a new server or modifying the settings in the server IIS to use a different website, such as a redirect or SSL being enabled.
- Open the following directory on the Track-It! server (default): C:\Program Files\Numara Software\Numara Track-It!\Track-It! Services\Configuration Data
- Open the Numara.TrackIt.Application.Web.xml with Notepad.
- Search for "webServerURL". The following text will be seen in that line: ..webServerURL description="URL of the Track-It! Web server:">http://ServerName/TrackItWeb
- Change the ServerName value in the above line to match the published Self Service web page that is working.
- After saving the changes, restart the Track-It! Service Management service on the Track-It! application server, and the IIS Administration and World Wide Web Publishing services on the Track-It! Web server (all of these services may be on the same server).