This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
While working within Track-It! the following type of error may appear:
Could not allocate space for object 'TableName' in database 'Database Name' because the 'Primary' filegroup is full
This error occurs if the database has run out of space. There are a couple of possibilities for why this occurs.
SQL Express Editions
SQL 2005 Express and SQL 2008 Express - Limit of 4 GB per database.
SQL 2008 R2 Express, SQL 2012 Express, SQL 2012 R2 Express - Limit of 10 GB per database.
If the version of SQL Express that is being used has reached its limit, you must upgrade it to a newer version or else data will need to be deleted from Track-It! to free up space. To upgrade to SQL 2008 R2 Express please see How to upgrade SQL 2005 or 2008 Express to SQL 2008 R2 Express
Autogrowth Configuration of the Database
- Run SQL Server Management Studio and login as SA or at a minimum an account that has db_owner access to the database.
- Expand the name of the server\instance and then right-click the Track-It! database and select Properties.
- Open the Files area and check the row for the Primary filegroup to see if the Autogrowth/Maxsize value is limited. If the maxsize is set to "Unlimited", that is not the reason for the error.
- If the maxsize is limited, click the ellipses button in the Primary filegroup row, increase the Maximum File Size to a larger value, and click OK to save the changes.
- Finally, click OK to close the Database Properties window.