This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedy AR System Server
ITSM In-App Reporting 9.1.00
BMC Remedy Smart Reporting 9.x
- Database host has been changed from one server to other server.
- Changed the database host name accordingly in ar.cfg file for AR Server.
- Needed the details about Smart Reporting server on how to change the name of database host associated with smart reporting.
Database Host Name has been changed since the deployment.
If the Smart Reporting Repository database has been moved to a new server that has a different name than the one originally configured, the server information for Smart Reporting will need to be updated.
1. Stop the Remedy Smart Reporting service
2. Edit the file, Web.xml. The default path is: C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\SmartReporting\appserver\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\web.xml
3. Search for the following parameter "JDBCUrl" in web.xml file.
4. Provide the new host name in the following URL :
6. Verify the Database password: <param-name>JDBCPassword</param-name> <param-value>03Std5z/BjK1XsH7KXtHkg==</param-value>
7. Restart the Remedy Smart Reporting service.