This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Atrium Discovery and Dependency Mapping
BMC Discovery, any version
Error message "Baseline information is not available" appears when you click on Administration > Baseline.
DRUD1-17681, DRUD1-18879, DRUD1-17681
Root cause 1: Error appears when too many pattern configuration changes are done
To confirm the root cause,
- Backup the file /usr/tideway/var/baseline.csv
- Edit the baseline.csv file and find the longest line and remove it (it is typically the one starting with pattern.modification, it can be > 1000 chars)
- Execute the command "tw_baseline --rebaseline". This command will acknowledge all the pending changes.
- Click on Administration > Baseline.
- If the problem is resolved, the root cause is confirmed ... i.e. the problem is caused by a line too long in baseline.csv
There are 2 defects related to line too long in baseline.csv:
1) DRUD1-17681 fixed in 184.108.40.206.
2) DRUD1-18879 - Baseline fails if the message is too long - improve handling. Not fixed as of May 2020.
Root cause 2: Error appears when file /usr/tideway/var/baseline.csv does NOT exist or cannot be opened or the content cannot be parsed.
- Check if /usr/tideway/var/baseline.csv exists.
- If it exists then:
Run: ls -l /usr/tideway/var
Rename the file: mv /usr/tideway/var/baseline.csv /usr/tideway/var/baseline.csv_orig
- Run tw_baseline to generate a new baseline.csv
- If the file does NOT exist, then please run tw_baseline to generate the new /usr/tideway/var/baseline.csv
- From the UI, try Administration > Appliance Baseline. If the problem is still encountered, the only other workaround is to update /usr/tideway/var/baseline.csv manually every time it is generated (i.e. every time the tideway service is started or whenever tw_baseline is run). For this case, you can rename baseline.csv (e.g. to baseline.csv_orig) and then run sed command:
sed 's/BEGIN CERTIFICATE.*END CERTIFICATE//g' baseline.csv_orig > baseline.csv