This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedy AR System Server
Remedy AR System Server 9.1, 9.1.02
Running ARS installation and right after providing database information on database information screen it shows "InstallationPanelDelegate" error and it terminated the installer.
Error occurred creating InstallationPanelDelegate ...................
1) Scenario is seen when we have pre-created database and user.
- If there is a pre-created DB, it needs to be empty as per documentation
2) Need to make sure ARAdmin user have correct permissions and role.
# Run below query for Oracle DB to check ARAdmin assigned permissions:
select grantee, privilege from dba_sys_privs where grantee = 'ARADMINROLE' order by grantee;
# Run below query for SQL DB to check ARAdmin assigned permissions:
- Select the SQL Server DB Table, e.g. ARSystem >> Security >> Double Click User ARAdmin >> Here we can see ARAdmin is set as dbo or not.
- Under Roles >> db_owner >> we can see ARAdmin set as dbo or not.
3) Verify if customer is using default AR#Admin# password for ARAdmin user or a complicated password with special characters. Use standard password for ARAdmin to avoid any such issues and its password can be changed after AR Server installation from Database Tab under AR System Admin Console >> Server Information page.
- Reset (changed) ARAdmin user password from database and make it as AR#Admin# and during the installation on database information screen type AR#Admin# and it resolved the problem.