This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
MyIT Digital Workplace
Customer wanted to configure Multi-Tenancy on their environment but after running the steps given in the below document, customer was not able to configure it correctly.
Problem : it was not setting the Master Company as given by customer instead it was setting localhost as Master and all other companies as Sub tenant.
This is identified as Defect and raised with R&D team.
Defect Details : https://jira.bmc.com/browse/DRIIT-12629
To prepare the tenant configuration utility
- Create a MyIT Super Admin group:
- On the BMC Remedy ITSM server, open the Group form.
- Create a group named MyIT Super Admin and give it a Group ID of 45002.
- Choose or create a user in Remedy that will have a user name and password entered in the configuration file that the command-line tool will use to access BMC MyIT. This user must also be in the People form and have a company assigned in that form in the Company+ field (in the General tab).
- Note the company assigned to this user. You must activate that company in To activate tenants.
- In the User form, add the MyIT Super Admin group to this user.
- On the BMC MyIT server, set up the tenant configuration utility:
- Under Smart_IT_MyIT/Smart_IT_MyIT, find the .jar file in the tenant-config directory.
- Copy the .jar file and rename the copy to have a .zip extension.
- Unzip the .zip file.
- Copy the original .jar file to the applicable scripts location:
- If you plan to run the tenant configuration utility from a machine other than the BMC MyIT server, copy either the scripts/win folder or the scripts/linux folder to the machine that will run the utility.
- Edit set_env.bat (Windows) or set_env.sh (Linux) with a text editor and set the following parameters:
|java7_home||Path to your java directory||Do not include the “bin” directory at the end of the path. Surround the path with double quotes, as in the example provided in the file.|
The parameter indicates java7, but the value must be a java 8 installation. Do not change the name of the “set” variable because this variable is used in other places.
|myit_server_url||http://myitServer/ux||myitServer must be the host name of the BMC MyIT server. If you will run the tenant configuration utility from the BMC MyIT server, you can enter localhost, as in http://localhost/ux.|
|user_name||User name of the user that you set up in step 2.||None|
|password||Password of the user that you set up in step 2.||None|
- Test the utility by running the following command:
You should see a default tenant with the name 000000000000001.
- Now run the update query to set the Master Company
To activate tenants
- In the tenant configuration utility directory, edit set_env.bat (Windows) or set_env.sh (Linux) with a text editor, and set the company to the name of the BMC Remedy ITSM operating or customer company that you are activating.(Sub Tenants).
- Run add_subtenant.bat (Windows) or add_subtenant.sh (Linux).
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for each company that you are activating.