This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedy AR System Server
ITSM In-App Reporting 9.1.00
Smart Reporting 9.1
How to install the BMC Premium Encryption Security with Smart Reporting.
“ERROR (ApiProxyFactory:createProxy) - Connects to pt95ars3.opr.test.statefarm.org:7890 through Java Rpc failed with: ERROR (9010): The encryption library was not found and cannot be loaded; Need to install the encryption on the client" in SR logs
Customer would not be able to enable Premium Security using the Installer.
Below are the steps, to enable Smart Reporting with Premium Security.
- Stop the Smart Reporting Tomcat Service.
- Take backup of existing java which is being used by the Smart Reporting Tomcat Service. Go to ‘<JRE_HOME>/lib/security/’ folder.
- Rename java.security to java.security.backup.
- Rename local_policy.jar to local_policy.jar.backup.
- Rename US_export_policy.jar to US_export_policy.jar.backup.
- Extract the zip file from the attahment. And copy the files to ‘<JRE_HOME>/lib/security/’ folder.
- Copy the below files from the BMC Security encryption installed machine(Typically Mid-Tier machine) to the smart reporting machine into the java\lib.
The files are jsafeJCEFIPS.jar and bcprov-jdk15-133.jar should be available under Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_xx\lib.
- Start Smart Reporting Tomcat.
- Login to MT as a Smart Reporting Admin User and cross launch to Smart Reporting. Go to Data Sources and perform a ‘Test Connection’. This should pass.
Smart Reporting should now be configured with Premium Security and should be able to connect to AR for fetching reports.