This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedy with Smart IT
Remedy with Smart IT
BMC Remedy with Smart IT 1.5.00
Service CIs that are available for selection in the 'Service*+' field of ITSM's Incident form are not available in Smart IT's 'Affected Service' field.
Steps that would demonstrate this issue:
- Configure a Business Service CI that has (Operating Company) 'Company A' configured in the Company (ID 1000000001) field
- Create a 'Used By' People Organization relationships (from the CI's People tab) and relate it on company level to 'Company B'
- In ITSM, start creating a new incident and select a customer from 'Company B'
- Check the available options in the 'Service*+' field, the Business Service CI of step 'a' would be one of them
- Start creating a new Incident in Smart IT and try and find the Business Service CI of step 'a' in the 'Affected Service' field
Result: The Business Service CI is not available in Smart IT
Smart IT Product Management provided the following information on the difference in behaviour for (Business) Services in the Smart IT application compared to ITSM:
Therefore, the search for Business Services from Smart IT is driven by the company information stored in the 'Company' field (ID 1000000001) of the Business Service CI rather than People Organization relationships defined for the CI.
There is one additional parameter ("useOperatingCompany", stored in Smart IT's "SmartIT_Business.CONFIGURATION_PARAMS" table), that influences which Business Services are presented in the 'Affected Service' field in Smart IT, i.e.:
The expected behaviour, based on the setting for this parameter (note: if this setting is updated in the DB, the Smart IT Services will need to be restarted to reflect this new setting):
- When ‘useOperatingCompany’ is set to false (which is the default setting), searches initiated from Smart IT's 'Affected Service' field will include both:
2. Business Services where the 'Company' configured in the Business Service CI matches any 'Service Provider' company the Support Staff user that is creating the incident has access to
- When ‘useOperatingCompany’ is set to true, searches initiated from Smart IT's 'Affected Service' field will include both:
2. Business Services where the 'Company' configured in the Business Service CI matches any 'Operating Company' or 'Service Provider' company the Support Staff user that is creating the incident has access to